Post Office, Kells


This fine Edwardian Post Office building (a protected structure) was purpose built by the Board of Works in 1902, to the design of its architect Robert Cochrane, and was occupied continuously by the post office until abandoned by An Post in 2010, thereafter it quickly deteriorated and suffered severe dry-rot infestation. Following a comprehensive condition survey of the building we were retained to oversee the first phase of conservation works mainly involving repairs to the roofs, brickwork, masonry & windows including dry-rot remediation using conservative environmental approaches.